Degree award ceremony of the Faculty of Informatics
Staff - Faculty of Informatics
1 December 2020
The Faculty of Informatics is pleased to announce its Degree award ceremony which will take place online on Friday, 11 December at 17:00.
- Welcome address by the Rector Prof. Boas Erez
- Welcome remarks by the Dean of the Faculty, Prof. Antonio Carzaniga
- Presentation by Silvia Invrea, Career and Alumni Service Manager
- Proclamation of the Bachelor degrees, and students' representative speech
- Proclamation of the Master degrees, and students' representative speech
- SwissEngineeringTicino Prize
- Proclamation of the PhD degrees, and students' representative speech
- Closing of the ceremony
The ceremony, led by the presenter Giada Marsadri, is held in English and is interactive: new graduates will be connected via webcam. The representatives will take the floor thanks to the TEAMS platform. Families, friends and anyone interested can follow the ceremony in live streaming.
Online proclamation ceremonies
Since last spring, the University has adopted all the necessary solutions to give continuity to the students' academic path despite the restrictions due to COVID-19 with, for example, lessons via eLearning, online exams and thesis defences in videoconferencing. The degree award ceremony is no exception: USI has decided to offer an interactive online ceremony to celebrate the end of graduates' studies during this period of confinement, which unfortunately does not allow the traditional ceremony in the Aula Magna. USI is aware that the online ceremony cannot fully replace the one in attendance. New graduates and their loved ones are therefore invited to celebrate this important milestone during USI twenty-fifth anniversary (XXV Dies academicus, 8 May 2021, Palazzo dei Congressi, Lugano).