Double degree with Università di Milano-Bicocca
The double master degree is a two-year programme (120 ECTS) at Master’s level, leading to two degree certificates, one from each institution:
- Master of Science in Informatics (USI)
- Laurea magistrale in Informatica (Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca)
- To be admitted at Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, students must be enrolled in the first of USI’s Master programme in Informatics.
- To be admitted at USI, students must be enrolled in the first of the laura magistrale in Informatica programme of Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca.
Students are required to have completed the 60 ECTS of the 1st year curriculum at the latest the day before the arrival at the host university.
- The language of instruction at Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca is Italian or English
- The language of instruction at USI is English.
Students are required to have good command of the English idiom.
Application and selection
Each university proposes a number of applicants to the selection committee composed of representative of both parties. The committee will deliberate on the final selection of students following the criteria agreed upon by the two universities.
For every student in the double degree programme an individual student agreement stating all subjects to be completed both at Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca and USI must be agreed upon following a table of equivalences that can be modified each year with the agreement of both parties.
Students admitted in the programme will be enrolled:
- for the first year of their studies at their home university, and are required to obtain 60 ECTS
- for the second year of their studies at the host university, and are required to obtain 30 ECTS
and will obtain 30 ECTS with the Master thesis.
The Master defense will be held in English at the home university. Both universities will be represented by at least one instructor attending in person or via video-conference in the examination committee.
One copy of the thesis will be submitted following the requirements in the regulations of Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca; another copy will be submitted following the requirements in the regulations of USI.