USI-CSCS Summer School - Effective High-Performance Computing & Data Analytics with GPUs
Staff - Faculty of Informatics
The Swiss National Supercomputing Centre and Università della Svizzera italiana are pleased to announce that the annual Summer School will be held exceptionally as an online course this year, at the time originally announced - from July 13 to July 24, 2020
This summer school will focus on the effective exploitation of state-of-the-art hybrid High-Performance Computing (HPC) systems with a special focus on Data Analytics.
The following topics will be covered:
- GPU architecture
- GPU programming (CUDA and OpenACC)
- Performance optimization and scientific libraries
- Interactive supercomputing (JupyterLab)
- Python HPC libraries (Numpy/SciPy/Dask/Numba)
- Introduction to Machine Learning and GPU optimized frameworks (Rapids)
- Deep Learning on HPC platforms (TensorFlow)
Students will be able to earn six ECT credit points for this course from Università della Svizzera italiana (subject to exam).
The content of the course is tailored for 3rd year Bachelor’s students, Master’s students, Ph.D students, and early stage Postdocs interested in learning parallel programming models and having hands-on experience using HPC systems.
For additional information on the format, application and examination methodology: www.cscs.ch/events
Deadline for application: May 31, 2020