The new Academic Senate
Institutional Communication Service
6 July 2021
After the elections, which took place at the end of May, the new USI Academic Senate has been established. During the meeting held on 10 June 2021, the Vice-President, Members of the Presidential Office, Representatives and Members of the Committees were appointed before moving on to the business on the agenda, in particular the approval of the 2022/2023 study plan and a number of appointments within the academic staff.
The newly elected representatives and those reappointed will officially take office at the beginning of the academic year in September 2021.
The complete list of Senate members is available on the www.senato.usi.ch platform (accessible with your edu-ID).
While the new configuration of the Senate and Committees is as follows:
- President: Boas Erez
- Vice-President: Sonja Hildebrand
- Members of the Presidential Office and the Electoral Committee: Jeanne Mengis (academic staff), Andrea Rosà (intermediate staff), Diana Santos (students) and Salvatore Maione (office staff)
- Representatives of the Senate in the University Council: Filippo Wezel and Silvia Santini
- Members of the Quality Commission: Rolf Krause, Peter Gruber, Elisa Larghi and Diana Santos
- Members of the Research Commission: Patrick Gagliardini, Ilaria Espa, Christop Frank, Lorenz Kueng, Benedetto Lepori, Vittorio Limongelli, Jeanne Mengis and Paolo Tonella
During the session, the Senate approved both the Study Plan 2022/23 and the Lugano Faculty of Theology Study Plans. Also approved was the proposal to amend the PhD regulations of the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences.
Several appointments in the academic staff have been approved, which will be announced at the beginning of the academic year 2021/22.