A Comprehensive Approach to MPSoC Security - Achieving Network-on-Chip security: a hierarchical, multi-agent approach
Staff - Faculty of Informatics
You are cordially invited to attend the PhD Dissertation Defense of Slobodan LUKOVIC on Friday, September 14th 2012 at 13h00 in room A32 (Red building)
Multiprocessor Systems-on-Chip (MPSoCs) are pervading our lives, acquiring ever increasing relevance in a large number of applications, including even safety-critical ones. MPSoCs, are becoming increasingly complex and heterogeneous; the Networks on Chip (NoC) paradigm has been introduced to support scalable on-chip communication, and (in some cases) even with reconfigurability support. The increased complexity as well as the networking approach in turn make security aspects more critical.
In this work we propose and implement a hierarchical multi-agent approach providing solutions to secure NoC based MPSoCs at different levels of design. We develop a flexible, scalable and modular structure that integrates protection of different elements in the MPSoC (e.g. memory, processors) from different attack scenarios. Rather than focusing on protection strategies specifically devised for an individual attack or a particular core, this work aims at providing a comprehensive, system-level protection strategy: this constitutes its main methodological contribution. We prove feasibility of the concepts via prototype realization in FPGA technology.
- Prof. Mariagiovanna Sami, Politecnico di Milano, Italy (Research Advisor)
- Prof. Evanthia Papadopoulou, Università della Svizzera italiana, Switzerland (Internal Member)
- Prof. Laura Pozzi, Università della Svizzera italiana, Switzerland (Internal Member)
- Prof. Miroslaw Malek, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany (External Member)
- Dr. Guido Marco Bertoni, ST Microelectronics, Italy (External Member)