The Software Systems (SWYSTEMS) group at USI is always looking for qualified candidates at the PhD student and postdoctoral levels. USI is one of the top CS departments in Switzerland, offering highly competitive salaries. The SWYSTEMS group is part of a novel Computer Systems Institute just established at USI.
We have many exciting projects in the fields of networked distributed systems and programming languages and in particular in the intersection of the two. The group enjoys competitive funding (e.g., Swiss National Science Foundation, European Research Council) as well as strong collaborations in academia (e.g., Purdue University) and industry (e.g., SAP, Cisco Systems). Examples of projects/topics include:
Applicants should have strong analytical abilities, good communication skills (including proficiency in spoken and written English), and a passion for academic research. Applicants at the postdoctoral level should have previously demonstrated these abilities by publishing in top-tier venues.
Candidates are requested to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; applications must include a CV, the names of 3 references, and a 1/2-page research summary.
- Static verification of fault-tolerant distributed systems. Keywords: behavioral typing, session typing, formal semantics, event-driven programming
- Network traffic flow prediction. Keywords: artificial intelligence, machine learning, prediction, traffic engineering, lossless routing
- Automated software security. Keywords: applied cryptography, homomorphic encryption, multi-party secure computing, program analysis, program transformation
- Block chain protocols and verification. Keywords: block chain, consensus, smart contract, verification
- Resource management. Keywords: holistic management, heterogenous infrastructure
- Secure software-defined networks. Keywords: control-plane, security, fault tolerance, encrypted routing
- Elastic programming. Keywords: actor programming, elasticity, consistency