Why study informatics at USI?
Because it is a growing sector, where qualified specialists enjoy excellent career prospects.
Because information technologies have become essential:
- in managing complex projects in several professional fields,
- in keeping abreast of information and development in an ever expanding field.
Because this University's project-based learning curriculum is at the forefront of higher education, and in line with the latest in advanced teaching, scientific research and the professions.
Because the study programme is innovative, with a teaching methodology and content quite distinct from anything currently on offer elsewhere.
Because its infrastructure aptly answers the growing demand for technology from the worlds of work and research.
Because the Faculty of Informatics enjoys a partnership with:
- The Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich (ETHZ),
- The Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL),
- Milan's Politecnico (Polimi),
- The Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS),
- The Dalle Molle Institute for the study of Artificial Intelligence (IDSIA),
- University of Applied Sciences (SUPSI)
USI is a full member of the Swiss university system and the degrees awarded are equivalent to those of the universities and institutes of technology.